Unit: percent [%]
Source of data: Statistics Poland
Information about indicator
Name of the indicator
4.2.2 Participation rate in organized learning (one year before the official primary entry age)
Sustainable Development Goal
Goal 4. Quality education
4.2 By 2030, ensure that all girls and boys have access to quality early childhood development, care and pre-primary education so that they are ready for primary education
Percentage of children aged 6 years old participating in organized learning.
According to the changes in the provisions of the Education System Act, 5 to 6 year old children (for school years from 2011/12 to 2015/16) and 6 year old children (for shchool years 2009/10, 2010/11 and 2016/17) were taken into account.
Calculations include all 5 and 6 year old children in pre-primary education (kindergartens, pre-school, pre-primary, pre-primary), and 6-year-olds in primary schools.
Calculations do not include children:
• at the age of 7 and more in pre-school education institutions;
• in revalidation and upbringing centers and other forms of pre-school / early-school education;
• meeting the obligation to prepare pre-school and school duty outside of Poland.
Population was developed on the basis of:
• balances of population living in the commune based on the data of the National Population and Housing Census 2011 (for data from 2010) for previous years (2003-2009) based on the data of the 2002 National Population and Housing Census,
• registers of the Ministry of the Interior - internal and foreign migrations for permanent residence (since 2006 data are collected from the PESEL register - Universal Electronic System of Population Records),
• reports of civil registry offices - marriages, births, deaths.